This month was kind of sparse on buying any new beauty products just because I have gone a little bit overboard in months past and I don’t need more makeup I just want more makeup. Sometimes self-restraint is good because we can’t always have everything that we want.
Really the only reason that I went into Ulta this month was because I had one of those email blast coupons for a sample of something that I have wanted to try for a while and that was the Hoola bronzer from benefit. Now normally I don’t wear a bronzer because I want to look like a vampire; like I have never seen the sun in my life. Though maybe this summer if I am spending time outside I will want to look a little bronzed over my very porcelain skin tone.
Now this is my birthday month so I decided to buy myself a gift, last year it was the naked Smoky and Naked 3 palettes, this year it was the Tarte Be a Mermaid & Make Waves palette. If you have read any of my other makeup posts you know that I am a sucker for good packaging and I really like Tarte as a brand. These shades are very highly pigmented and many of them are warm neutrals but there are three pretty crazy colors and they are pretty nice. An almost iridescent or multi-chrome feeling purple called “bubbles” a deep blue called “lagoon” and an iridescent green called “splash”. I am looking forward to using these shades in different looks. I mean the palette looks like a seashell, I have never been one of those girls who want to be a mermaid but I love the idea of using mythical creatures as inspiration for palettes and makeup collections. I also love how tarte’s palette’s smell, they always smell good, I guess that’s the clay they use.
I went into Marshall’s really early in the month and I have been seeing brush cleaning mats all over recently and I thought “I want to try one” so I grabbed on that looks like a cactus and I have used it a few times now, I really like it. It gets my brushes really clean and I don’t have to stand there with my hands under the water so they don’t get all pruned.
I also bought a few more lipsticks, I have a problem but again all of them were NYX. I accidently bought a duplicate of one of the cosmic metals lip crèmes because I forgot I had one but it’s okay. I got three new for my collection. If you watched or read my ipsy glam bag opening, then you know that I got a NYX lipstick in there as well. Ulta was also running a promotion to get a free matte lip kit when you spent a certain amount in NYX products and if I even look at the brand case I will walk away with things that I do not need.
- I have been seeing this online for like a month or so and that was the NYX powder puff lippie in the color “squad goals”. I have not swatched this yet because I didn’t want to have the powder puff ruined before I actually wanted to use it. The color I am really hoping looks as good as it did on the display.
- Last month I saw that they had come out with a Duo chromatic shimmer lip gloss, normally I am not a fan of lip gloss (not since I was in middle/high school) but I really wanted to try this I grabbed a tube in the color “Booming”, it is a pink and white chromatic iridescent shift. It looked very much like something that you would wear to a festival or a rave. It will take a certain look or maybe used as a lip topper for another color just to add some shine.
- The next was the Slip Tease full color lip oil in the color “Coy” it’s very pink but I really like it, it actually looks really pretty with the chromatic color I mentioned above. I hadn’t seen this product so I decided that I wanted to try it and see how I felt about it. I normally am not one for lip oil but I am here to give it a try.
- Next, I have been seeing this online for like a month or so and that was the NYX powder puff lippie in the color “squad goals”. I have not swatched this yet because I didn’t want to have the powder puff ruined before I actually wanted to use it. The color I am really hoping looks as good as it did on the display.
- Finally, in the lipstick department I grabbed a soft metallic lip cream from NYX in the color “Rome”. It is much more of a fall color than I was expecting but I am excited for it. It’s a deep color and it will take a certain look to look amazing and I am looking forward to figuring that look out.
I went into Sephora this month with one goal and that was to buy the daytime SPF companion of my Murad skin perfecting lotion. That I will get into in my April Favorites next week or the week after but I got the skin perfecting lotion in my fitfabfun box and loved it so much I went and purchased the Murad Oil Control Mattifier as well. Already a huge fan of it because I have been spending so much time in the sun.
Did you buy any new products last month?