I feel like I have been on a hiatus for the last few weeks just because of all of the stuff that has been going on in my life but I am back! It has been a rough few weeks with a lot of changes in my life and all of that so I have been off of most of my social media channels for over a month now and that has not been too fun for me, but I digress.
I am still loving ipsy and the products they are sending me, granted this Glam Bag was from May and it is now July but I am going to be playing catch up to some things in the next few weeks when it comes to posting here. My YouTube channel is kind of under construction right now because of personal life stuff so that will come back hopefully before its first anniversary on July 29th.
Let’s get right into it shall we?
I love the bag this month, it has a travel/postage seal theme and I was here for it. I like the fact that each month you get a new bag and everyone gets the same one but on the inside all of the products are different and catered to your style, skin tone, brand preferences, etc. Granted these are small bags, (you could not fit a full sized palette from a lot of brands in here.) but they seem more meant for travel or on the go with your everyday essentials when it comes to an everyday look as opposed to a more dramatic evening look. Now that being said, you could fit plenty of single pot eyeshadows or small palettes in here to transition your day look to a night look with a few swipes of a brush.
On to the products inside:
- Lord & Berry Lipstick Crayon in Intimacy (P3405): Now I have never heard of Lord & Berry before and I think that is one thing that I really like about ipsy, they take your preferences and introduce you to new products. I think I own at most one other lipstick crayon and that is from Butter London in the shade Ruby Murray (it’s a deep autumnal red and I love it) but this is a beautiful mauve almost plum shade and I am a huge fan of those shades all year round because it can really make a statement in your look if you do a subdued eye but a more dramatic or drastic maybe experimental lip. I am really looking forward to actually using this shade because the swatch I did went on smooth and didn’t feel heavy or easily crackable, I am used to the crack in lipstick because all I have been using recently is liquid lipstick. I am hoping that it keeps itself up as a long wear lip product because I don’t want to have to reapply it every half an hour because it transfers to everything and wears quickly when you talk.
- Sur.Medic Pore-Less Carbonic-Peel: I love a good face mask, especially when it comes to a sheet mask. I don’t do them as often as I should because they make my skin feel amazing. Now this is a Korean beauty product (I am thankful that there is an English translation on the back) and I am looking forward to trying it out because it is carbonated water, I don’t know the full benefits of it but it says that it deep cleans pores. (Which I totally need at all times when I spend most of my days sweating and covered in dust, most of pores are probably so clogged.)
- Jivi Lavender Moisturizer with micro algae: I was a little surprised when I opened this moisturizer and it was grey, I was not expecting it to be grey. It smells so good though, just like lavender and it makes your hands really soft. Normally with lotions unless they are formulated properly their smells smell artificial and I have some sensitivity to heavy fragrances so I was happy when this didn’t give me a headache when I wore it on my hands all day. I really like how it made my hands feel though I am one of those people who has three to five lotions in my purse/backpack at all times because inevitably someone will ask me if I have lotion and then I can give them a selection. (This is what happens when you spend years as the mom friend in your friend groups.)
- Doucce Maxlash Maximizer Mascara: Now that is a mouthful but Doucce is a brand that I have heard of before, I have one of their palettes that was in the winter fabfitfun box. (at the time a family friend subscribed and she didn’t want hers.) I know that their products are usually something that I enjoy and I was really excited to get a mascara from them in my ipsy bag. The brush end of the wand is almost as long as the tube though so that is something that I have to deal with when I use it. It is one of those mascaras that with one coat makes you feel like you are wearing false lashes because it does give you so much volume. I love it so much because I normally have to use two or three coats to get the volume and separation that I got with this. Also I didn’t really have a clumping issue which made me so happy. It does take a little while to dry, not long but it also depends on how much you actually get on you lashes.
- Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder: Tarte is one of my go to brands, if you read my top five eyeshadow palettes you know how much I love my Tarte Trateist Pro eyeshadow palette. I also raved about it in my makeup bag essentials post. I am normally not one to use finishing powder or spray because I normally don’t wear my makeup long enough to need it. Though I will always love Tarte’s packaging and their quality. I am excited to have a need to wear a finishing powder so I can actually try it out.
Even though it is like a month and a half late there is what was in my ipsy Glam Bag in May. I still am a huge fan of the service because it is exposing me to so many new products that I don’t think I would find on my own.
Side note from MJ it is very hard to write a post all the way through when there is a poodle pawing at you.
He’s cute though.