I was actually really excited to get this box because I was so pleased with my Spring box, I feel like I waited for this box for almost two months. Each box has options and I did actually choose one of the items in my summer box because I wanted a specific item choice. I am not going to tell you the retail value of my box but I really like having full sized products when it comes to beauty and lifestyle boxes. Reason being, you get a longer trial period when you have a full sized product.
What was in my box:
- Summer & Rose Beach Towel: This was the item I actually chose, I needed a beach towel and I love pineapples because they just scream summer to me. It’s soft and a very large towel. I have already shoved in my beach bag that is in the back of my car at all times. (There are no beaches near me, just creeks but calling it a creek bag is weird when it comes to a Lilly Pulitzer beach bag.)
- Tarte Tarteist Pro Glow Highlight and Contour Palette: This was the one that I really wanted between the Tarte choice items that were included in the package. (it was either this or the Pro to go palette with liquid liner.) So bad at highlight and contour but I am now amassing highlight and contour products because I want to try them without having this fear of the “clown” contour elements of the past. I am on board for the more natural contour trend that is happening right now.
- ELEMIS Papaya Enzyme Peel: Okay so I have a confession to make, I have never done a peel in my life that has not left my skin irritated and burning, I have very sensitive skin so I am hesitant to even try this product. I am however hopeful for a better result with this because it is not only dermatologically tested but it is also a cream exfoliator so it may have less of a detrimental effect on my skin. The jury is still out but after I try it out maybe I’ll give it a review.
- Minor History Post Script Wallet: It’s real cute, I saw it and instantly thought of how nice it would be to slip into a beach bag or just in your pocket if you don’t want to take an entire purse with you when you are going out to an event or a bar with friends. I am one of those people who carries around a backpack with about five items in it. I carry a large bag because you never know who is going to say, “Can you hold onto this?” and you just have to roll with it and add another pound to your already heavy backpack. I am a fan of the wallet though and cannot wait to use it.
- Jaboneria Marianella Hawaiian Black Lava Body Caviar: That just sounds luxurious doesn’t it? Body caviarthat’s great to be honest. It has charcoal in it and that is such a trendy thing right now because of the benefits of charcoal and your skin. I must say I am excited to try it out and it smells different, it’s not a bad different I am just not sure how to quantify its smell. It smells like tea and honey which are ingredients as well as coffee and aloe vera, it makes for an interesting scent combination.
- FOREO Luna fofo: This product was teased on the fabfitfun Instagram account and it is a smart facial cleanser, I still haven’t downloaded the app yet or for that matter used it, I really should because it seems like a really good idea because it allows you to connect via Bluetooth to the app and get all sorts of coaching on your skin and your girl really needs to do better with her moisturizing and skin care routine. It came in a variety of colors I got the fofo in Pearl Pink. Maybe this is just a good excuse for me to get better at my routine and how I view my skin, I am hopeful that it works as well as it promises. I downloaded the app and followed the directions, I must say after my first time using the cleanser my skin feels nice, I would like to give it some more time to really see if it’s just a placebo effect or actually helping me keep my skin moisturized and young.
- COOLA Face Sport SPF 50 White Tea Moisturizer: So like I have said a million times, I have sensitive skin and my face is sensitive to just about everything so during the summer I bathe in sunscreen so having a facial sunscreen that not only smells good, doesn’t feel heavy, and is SPF 50 is a God send for the preservation of my skin.
- Pier 1 imports Marble Ring Dish: This is just a cute little marble dish for rings or other jewelry, right now mine is sitting on my bar cart as if it is a decoration or a place to put spoons. I love little décor pieces that can be multifunctional but also very nicely designed and aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
Overall my impression of the box as with the spring box blew my mind, I have been thinking about starting to subscribe to this box for well over a year now and I finally did it. There is no part of me that regrets this purchase, I love the quality and the items that I receive in these boxes and I am looking forward to the next autumn box.
Did you get different items or the same? How do you feel about them?