So I feel like I just published my May Glam Bag unboxing? Unbagging? I don’t know. Oh wait, I did earlier in the week. Here is me, MJ, trying to play catch up and get back into the swing of actually actively blogging and being back into the social media sphere.
So June is now over and I cannot believe that we are already into July, that means that this year (2018) is over half over and that is actually insane to me because I feel like it was just January about 25 minutes ago. Alas that also means that we are in the heat of summer down here in Arkansas and I was not prepared for the summer down here and from what everyone tells me it still gets worse. Your girl is from northern Indiana, though it is apparently this hot up north as well but I digress this is a new summer for me and I can understand why people spend so much time in the water or in the air conditioning down here. Wish me and my now very bronze skin luck, I am seriously tanner than I have ever been in my entire life.
On to the bag!
So the bag this month was pretty subdued and I was actually a huge fan of it was three shades transitioning from red to pink, it was a very simple design and it just reminded me of watermelon without the rind and I was here for it.
- Rounded Soft Blend brush by Mint Pear: I am always on board to get brushes. I am a huge fan of brushes in general and I don’t think I actually own a rounded blending brush like this one, so when I opened it I was excited to get a second brush. It is extremely soft and just densely packed enough that it will be able to blend makeup out really nicely. I got another brush in my April Glam Bag as well and that was a blending brush also. Maybe ipsy knows that I am living without blending brushes or they know that most of the brushes I have are terrible. Memo to you if you are going to buy brushes, don’t skimp on the price you pay for a brush. I have bought so many $1 brushes that I have had to get rid of in 3 months but my more expensive brushes because they are a better quality have lasted me for years. Do not skimp out on your brushes because spending $20 on a brush may hurt when you get it but spending $4 on a brush that you have to buy over and over again because the quality isn’t there hurts a little more.
- Feel Pure anywhere balm: I was for some reason not expecting it to be minty. Don’t ask me why but when I opened the seal I was almost shocked that it was indeed minty. It reminds me of a Victoria Secret lip gloss that I had back in high school but a better quality. It is not sticky and can be used on your lips, eyes, and cheeks (according to the packaging). Now personally I will not be using it anywhere besides my lips because my eyes are sensitive as is my skin so it does make a great lip balm. It is a bit tingly I can for sure say that but no more than chewing mint gum, it is not a lip plumper so it doesn’t feel like you are on literal fire. It does feel very moisturizing on the lips and I have been using it for a few days now and my lips are less parched in this heat so I have been rather happy with it so far.
- Finding Ferdinand lipstick in Flaming Fuchsia: There is no lie in that color name it is a bright fuchsia color and it would require a very bold look to work with me. I am much more of a nude lip or a light pink lip because I tend to stick with a more dramatic eye look. It however is a beautiful color on and maybe with a shiny clear coat over it or something with a little sparkle it would make a really good look because it does have a slight shimmer to it. I have never heard of this brand before so I did some research on my own with it and I must say I am very impressed with their makeup offerings and brand as a whole. I am excited to find a reason to wear this lip color because it is highly pigmented and I love the fact that it is a travel or mini size just to slip in a bag. The packaging is beautifully simple and I am always very impressed by that.
- Natural-Tox Apple Sheet Mask by the SAEM: I love face masks and this is another Korean beauty mask, if you read my May Glam Bag unbagging you know that I got a mask there as well. This is an apple mask and I didn’t know the benefits of apple when it came to skin but apparently it’s benefits are smoothening and brightening. Now I don’t have dull skin for the most part but I am excited to try this mask in general because I don’t think I have ever had a sheet mask that I haven’t enjoyed. I just have a drawer full of sheet masks in my bathroom so it’s very clear that I need to start using them.
- Natural Acai Berry Mask Sheet by the SAEM: I was a little shocked to get two sheet masks in the same glam bag. I don’t actually know how I feel about that; it is no fault of the people who hand-picked my products it is just a hang up of mine. Like I just mentioned, I love sheet masks and this is a firming mask. Now I have pretty firm skin still because my skin is not that old (at least I hope not) but I am up for trying anything once when it comes to beauty. Okay, that’s a lie, I am up for anything that won’t make my very sensitive skin hate me for a week.
- M.A.C Prep+Prime Skin Primer: I was not expecting a sixth item in the bag but according to the card in the bag it was an extra for everyone if I remember correctly, I have since lost the card. (my bad) I normally use a color correcting primer because I have a red undertone but I was really excited to try this out because I swatched it on my hand to see how it felt on my skin and it made my hand feel silky so I am actually really looking forward to using this on my face to see how my skin reacts to it. As someone with sensitive skin (which I have mentioned three dozen times in this entry) I have to be careful what products I put on my skin and I am hoping that I do not have a reaction to it.
As I am writing this I actually just got an email that my July Glam Bag is being prepared and per usual I am not going to see what products are going to be included in my bag because that would ruin the surprise and when it comes to these almost mystery subscription boxes I actually really like the mystery element.