I am a huge fan of subscription boxes and in this case bags. I always have been, it’s the mystery of what you are going to get that amuses me greatly. I have been trolling around the internet looking for something new to subscribe to because the boxes I currently subscribe to are going to a retail format and away from the online only subscription service. So I decided that I would go more for beauty, lifestyle, and fashion as opposed to the geekier boxes I have gotten in the past.
I also subscribed to fitfabfun but got it about a month after it came out so unboxing it would have been pointless.
I had been seeing ads for ipsy on most if not all of my social media accounts and I had been thinking about it for quite some time so I finally decided to go for it.
I love the style and concern profile quiz that you have to take because it allows you to tell them what you like and what you want in regard to skincare, hair care, and makeup. It allows you to tell them what brands you like or use in your makeup routine and I think that is such a great tool to allow for a higher level of customization.
So MJ what was in your glam bag this month? If you want to watch the video, you can.
Let’s start with the bag itself it is faux leather, the front is white and printed with butterflies on it in shades of pink, purple, and a little blue, rose gold corners and zipper pull detail, and is an almost dusty lavender on the back side which is continued onto the inside of the bg. I love it, I don’t think I will ever have enough makeup bags but this is great size to just shove in your purse and go.
- Now I had one item that was not in the bag and that was a Vasanti Cosmetic Concealer Buffer Brush. (I had to look on my ipsy dashboard to make sure I knew what it was.) I am always in the market for a good concealer brush, I use and ELF one now and it’s strating to wear on a bit. This brush is soft, the bristles are not packed too tightly and it is a nice shape, I am looking forward to using it.
- The next item was from a brand that I know very well, I think most if not all of my liquid lipsticks are from this brand; NYX Cosmetics, I got their soft matte lip cream in the color Stockholm. How would I describe this color? It almost looks like Arkansas red clay, it looks like a mix between red and orange with a little bit of brown mixed in. It’s a nice color a good spring to summer transition color. I have a very small size of this color from an advent calendar so I know what it looks like and I already liked it so I was happy to see a familiar brand in this bag.
- My next item was a single pot loose eyeshadow from Meech and Mia, I have never heard of Meech and Mia so I am excited to try this product out. I have also never used a loose eyeshadow like this, I am used to the pressed shadows that you get in palette form but I am up for the challenge and it is a copper shadow so that is right up my street.
- Two more items, the first was Trust Fund Beauty’s That Liquid Glo Tho liquid highlighter. I have only recently gotten into the world of highlighter and I have never had a liquid highlighter before. The website describes it as champagne, in my video I think I described it as rose gold. Either way it is a highly pigmented product and a little bit goes a long way to make you actually say, “look at that glow though.” I am looking forward to integrating it into a few makeup looks in the future to see how it looks with a full face on as well.
- The last item I got was the detoxifying hair mask from Theorie. Again Theorie is not a brand that I have heard of and I have never done a hair mask before but I am again very much looking forward to trying it out and being able to give a solid review of it.
Overall I was very pleased with what I received in my first ever glam bag from ipsy, it was full of products that I normally would not buy for myself and because everything is in a trial size it means that I get to try it and if I like it I can go back and buy a full sized product if I choose.
If you subscribe to ipsy, what did you get in your glam bag this month?