It is no secret that I am a huge fan of comic books and the entire Marvel Cinematic universe, not a secret at all. Superheroes have helped me through quite a lot in my life so with the release of the new Infinity War trailer I have had some thoughts and some reactions. If you haven’t seen the new trailer it’s amazing, go watch it.
I was texting a friend earlier and she gave me her reactions first after I sent her the trailer so I responded with mine. I gave her a very brief reaction but I would like to expand on some things.
These are MY opinions and you can disagree with me all you want but these are my thoughts on the new trailer.
My overall first reaction was: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! But there were no clear thoughts there so here are some clear thoughts.:
- I am not prepared to see this movie.
- I love all sorts of superheroes and Marvel has come out and said that we will lose a few in this film and I am not ready to let go of any of these characters who have shaped much of my teenage and adult life.
- Oh my goodness
- The trailer was amazing, I am excited to see the cinematography for it and it looks so good but so scaring. Like I was excited and nervous for it before but now I need a time machine so I can go into the future and see it, right now.
- Gamora is such a bada**
- Gamora is probably one of my favorite characters in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) and her introduction of Thanos just cements how much of a bada** she truly is. I am looking forward to seeing how they develop her character’s relationship with her adoptive father in the film. I hope she throws her shoe at him.
- Grape looking motherf**ker (thank you Tumblr for making me only think of him as a grape now)
- We are supposed to hate Thanos and let me tell you, I really don’t like him. I am however looking forward to finally seeing a character that we have been exposed to in limited form in his grand role of the big bad guy in Infinity War.
- The protection of the remaining Infinity Stones.
- Spoiler; both Vision and Dr. Strange harbor an infinity stone (mind and time respectfully) and there was a moment in the trailer between Wanda and Vision that made me very anxious for what is going to happen in the film in regard to how Thanos obtains the Infinity Stones.
- Everyone going to Wakanda
- I mean there is not much to say about that, it looks like much of the battle will be fought there or so the trailer makes it seem and I am on board with seeing what Wakanda has to offer after what we saw in Black Panther.
- Peter Quill & Tony (the sass!)
- I am so excited to see some of the interactions between different teams and characters who we haven’t seen interact before. Just that brief moment about a plan between Peter Quill and Tony had me laughing.
- What are you doing to Thor grape?
- This is what makes me think that Loki isn’t really on Thanos’ side, even though there have been reports of that. Thor (spoilers if you haven’t seen Thor Ragnarok) already lost his eye, his hair, his dad, and his home planet can we just let him live?
- Was that Voldemort?
- I think in all honest it was something like a Chitari but it looked 100% like Voldemort and I had a moment to laugh at that.
- The look in Steve’s eyes (when he’s facing down Thanos)
- It was determination and I think a touch of fear and I don’t know if any of us who think Captain America is pretty great will be prepared for what might happen next.
- Peter (Parker) & Dr. Strange
- “oh we are going with our made up names” and the look on Dr. Strange’s face like, “no that’s my real name” I had a flash back to the scene in Doctor Strange when he and Kaecilius have a similar encounter.
- Wait a minute we are missing some characters.
- I am still wondering where Hawkeye is and I was surprised not to see Falcon in this trailer as well. There are so many characters in this film but there are a few who just seem to be missing from the trailer footage and I am really wondering why.
Overall I am feeling a sense of dread but also absolute excitement, I can’t wait to see it even though I will be out of town on opening weekend at a wedding so I will have to avoid the ENTIRE internet until I actually get a chance to see it. I would go opening night but I just don’t think that will be able to happen.
Are you excited?